While Salesforce might just be the best thing since sliced bread, it’s not perfect. It may meet 99,99% of your criteria – but if something is missing, it’s time to consider Salesforce Chrome extensions.
Salesforce Chrome extensions give you a quick, easy, and often free way to implement additional features into your Salesforce instance. In doing so, they help you improve the user experience, increase your sales teams’ efficiency and productivity, and improve communication and collaboration within your business.
But with so many extensions out there, finding the ones that suit your requirements is challenging. So, to help you, we’ve compiled a short list of the best Salesforce Chrome extensions available on the market today!
Salesforce Inspector: One of the Best Salesforce Chrome Extensions for Development
Salesforce Inspector adds a metadata layout on top of the standard Salesforce UI. This enhances your productivity and simplifies Salesforce configuration, development, and integration.
Some of the extension’s key features include:
- Easily view field information directly from a record detail page, edit page, or Visualforce page.
- Quickly view and edit data for a record, including data not on the page layout.
- Perform quick one-time data exports and imports directly from Salesforce. Data can be copied to and from Excel easily, and there’s no need to log in again when you are already logged in with your browser.
- See current consumption limits.
- Easily access user record details, including simpler access. For example, when switching between test users.
As the name implies, this Salesforce Chrome extension enables you to navigate to any Salesforce page quickly. You simply need to enter what you’d like to do. This makes it easier to list, search for and create new records, access tasks, and log in. Ultimately, with this extension, you can do more with Salesforce in less time.
Salesforce Advanced Code Searcher
By using this Salesforce Chrome extension’s advanced quick-find feature, you can search for any string in your code and easily find code components in your Salesforce instance. These include Apex classes, Apex triggers, Visualforce pages, Visualforce components, and Lightning components.
You can also use the Advanced Code Searcher extension to navigate to classes, pages, and triggers. Furthermore, you can use this extension to quickly navigate to classes, pages, and triggers from the advanced quick-find section.
When working on modules, you work faster and more efficiently when you have your recently created or modified data at hand. The Salesforce Simplified extension allows developers and administrators to share this data on top of the Salesforce user interface, eliminating the need to switch between windows or tabs. The extension also offers an advanced Salesforce search that helps developers and administrators find code quickly.
Apex Debugger is a Salesforce Chrome extension that gives you all the tools you need to debug Salesforce code and make your debugging processes more efficient. As such, it allows you to:
- Search for a specific string in the most recent logs. This feature helps you find entries quickly, which is especially helpful when new logs are being added constantly.
- Filter logs by various parameters like size, date, and more. This helps you focus on the information that’s relevant to you.
- Use customizable keyboard shortcuts that help you navigate to important pages and perform frequent tasks quickly.
- Use different themes based on your requirements. For example, you might use a theme to maximize readability or reduce eye strain. Here, you can choose from various predefined themes or even configure your own.
- Quickly check and verify data because, when debugging, every object ID becomes a clickable link.
The Salesforce DevTools extension was designed to simplify Salesforce developers’ lives by allowing them to view and manipulate data efficiently. It gives them access to extensive information and data, like a query editor, field definitions, ERDs, page layouts, and more.
The extension also provides an export feature that allows them to quickly transfer data to an external spreadsheet, where they can then analyze the data. Ultimately, the extension provides all the tools developers need to streamline their processes and improve their productivity.
Salesforce ORGanizer: Switch Tabs Like a Pro with This Salesforce Chrome Extension
The Salesforce ORGanizer extension makes it easier for you to manage your Salesforce login details and tabs in your browser. It does this by allowing you to securely store frequently used accounts and quickly log in to an account in a new tab, window, or incognito mode. You can also change a tab and title to differentiate between different tabs, create personalized quick links, or use the built-in Quick Link tool to access frequently used Salesforce links quickly.
The Weflow Chrome extension is designed to help sales teams update their Salesforce data quickly and easily. As such, it serves as an editor for Salesforce, which allows you to edit multiple Salesforce records through its intuitive user interface.
When you do, all changes are synced with your Salesforce account instantly. One of the benefits of this is that all your sales teams’ activities are immediately synced with your CRM data, giving you full visibility over your sales pipeline and helping your team close more deals. And, with Weflow’s deal signals and real-time alerts, your team can identify those deals that are most at risk and act to keep them on track.
Boostr for Salesforce
The Boostr extension allows you to improve developer and administrator productivity by adding new features to Salesforce. Some of these include:
- The ability to search for items when adding them to a change set.
- The option to filter by type when adding items to a change set.
- The capability to display all items of a specific type on one page when adding them to a change set.
- Adding a checkbox to the table header in the admin area to easily select and deselect all items in a column.
- Preventing placeholder text from filling in the setup area sidebar.
- Displaying the number of selected fields on the field history tracking page.
- Option to uncheck all page layouts by default when creating a new field.
- Converting Salesforce IDs from the app’s popup menu.
- Providing additional system overview stats.
You can also customize which of these features you use in the extension so that you can add the functionality you need without additional buttons or tools.
AssistLead integrates Salesforce with LinkedIn. It enables you to use LinkedIn data to generate new profiles in Salesforce by allowing you to right-click and create Salesforce leads directly from your LinkedIn profile. This makes it easier to store prospect information while saving you time, money, and effort in the process.
Spekit is a digital adoption and enablement platform that aims to provide your team with the information and answers they need. It does this by providing your training content, sales tools, and resources within the Salesforce app. This gives your team quick answers to their questions and easy access to the resources they need to perform at their best.
Clearbit for Salesforce
Most of the time, your sales team will be more successful if they have more context about every customer. This means they’ll know what their prospects do, who they work for, and what challenges they experience. The Clearbit Chrome extension gives your team this context by displaying in-depth person and company information for every Salesforce record. As such, you can turn any email address or domain name into an entire prospect and company profile with extensive data points. As a bonus, this information will always be up-to-date.
Enhance Salesforce Dashboard
Salesforce only lets you refresh dashboards daily, weekly, or monthly. With the Enhance Salesforce Dashboard extension, this is no longer the case. With it, you can access real-time data and specify the auto-refresh frequency and duration you’d prefer.
Moreover, while Salesforce only shows three components in one row of a dashboard, the Enhance Salesforce Dashboard allows you to increase the number of columns up to 7.
Level Up Your Salesforce Experience Now
In conclusion, Salesforce Chrome extensions can significantly improve your team’s productivity and efficiency. And, because there is such a wide range of extensions to choose from, there’s no doubt that you’ll find the extension that best suits your needs. However, finding the right one might take some time due to so many extensions available. We hope this post narrowed down the list a bit!
The only thing left to do now is to take advantage of the advantages these extensions offer. So, install a few today and begin exploring the possibilities!