Updating Email Password in Match My Email
For Salesforce-authenticating accounts that use a Control Panel:
If a User changes their email password and they are using an IMAP connection for Match My Email, they need to update their password in the account. Some email systems, upon change of an email password, will revoke any app-specific passwords that may exist. To update a password:
- If the User entered their own password upon initial setup they would follow Steps 1 through 5 below.
- If an Administrative User entered the passwords for the User initially, then the Administrative User will need to follow Step 6 through 10.
Steps for User
1. Sign in to Match My Email from the web tab in Salesforce.
2. Click the Settings button on the right and choose Control Panel.
3. Click on Imports on the left and click the name of the import.
4. Click the Edit button at the top and then update the password.
5. Click Refresh Folders to be sure the folder list can be retrieved meaning the password was entered correctly. If so, click Confirm at the top.
Steps for Admin
6. Sign in to Match My Email from the web tab in Salesforce.
7. Click the Settings button on the right and choose Control Panel.
8. Click on the User’s name, Click on Imports, Click on the Import to be updated.
9. In the far right import panel, click the Edit button at the top and then update the password.
10. Click Refresh Folders to be sure the folder list can be retrieved meaning the password was entered correctly. If so, click Confirm at the top.
For IMAP-authenticating accounts that present a blue menu bar:
- The User should sign in to Match My Email using their Salesforce credential. This can be done by clicking the webtab in Salesforce, using the App Launcher in Salesforce, or going to the Match My Email login screen (https://www.matchmyemail.com) and clicking the Sign in with Salesforce button.
- Once signed in, an Update Password wizard should start and provide a place to enter new email password. This would either be the current email password or current app-specific password if User has enabled two-step verification for email account.
- The Update Password wizard will assist for updates to the User’s first import. If there is more than one import, ignore the wizard and in the blue menu bar click Imports.
- In the list of imports, it will be evident which imports need attention if you see a yellow triangle on the right. Click on the name of the import – do not check the box.
- In details for the import, there will be a password field containing dots. It will likely be longer than expected as Match My Email adds characters for security. Delete the contents of the field and enter the current email password. Click Refresh Folders. If folders appear in the Available Folders window, the system has successfully connected. No need to change folders.
- Click Save at the bottom and then, if desired, click Start Import Manually. The system will launch a processing cycle and begin to catch up on emails, going back to the day the password stopped working.