Adding Notes & Attachments section to Email Message layout
When viewing an Email Message in Salesforce.com, you should be able to see a section for Notes & Attachments, in which Attachments are available. If the section is not visible, follow these steps to add it to the page layout.
1. Login to Salesforce.com
2. Navigate to Setup > App Setup/Build > Create > Objects and click on label for Email Message.
3. Hover over quicklink at top for Page Layout(s) and click Edit next to the correct layout for the edition of Salesforce.com used.
4. Click Related Lists option and then click and drag the Notes & Attachments down onto the page. The green line will guide placement in Related List area and must be showing when you release the mouse button.
4. As will be indicated, this related list is not customizable. Simply click Save.
5. Click OK to confirm change to Email Message page layout.