Using Match My Email for Community Users
Match My Email can be integrated directly for Salesforce Users that have a Salesforce.com license. When an organization has Users that are Community Users in Salesforce, Match My Email can be configured to grant that profile custom object permissions and then modify Salesforce Integration in the MME account.
First, add custom object permissions to Community User profile:
1. Go to Salesforce > Setup > Administration Setup > Manage Users > Profile.
2. Find the Community User profile and click Clone at the top.
3. Name the new profile Community User Custom
4. For the new profile, click into Object Settings (enhanced view) or scroll down. You are looking for Custom Object Permissions.
5. Enable Read, Create, Edit and Delete for Email Messages, Email Message Related Objects, Matching Rules and Secondary Email Addresses.
6. Save changes.
Second, modify Salesforce Integration within MME account:
1. Cloud Admin logs in to Match My Email.
2. Go to Settings > Salesforce Integration
3. If a domain level listing (in Applies To column one sees just an email domain) already exists, click once on that line.
a. In pop-up window, top right check the box for Use as Default for End User.
b. Click Save at bottom.
4. If a domain level listing doesn’t exist, click the +New button
a. In pop up window, at top right for Applies To use drop down to choose domain.
b. Check box for Use As Default for End User
c. Click Grant
d. Leave as Production (unless this is Sandbox install) and click Next.
e. This will jump to Salesforce in which the login should be for the Community User identity, click Allow.
f. Back in Match My Email, you can expand Matching Rules if adjustments are needed and then click Save.
The domain level listing will serve as the means for User emails to upload into Salesforce on match. Even Users with their own SFDC license that do not setup their own personal Salesforce.com license will result in matches moving through the Community User setting.