Subject and Body editing for Lightning
Match My Email can be configured to allow users to modify Subject and Body of uploaded emails in Lightning experience. This might be useful to mark/comment email content for further processing within a business workflow.
To make the editing available do the following steps:
- Go to Service Setup > USER INTERFACE > Objects and Fields > Object Manager.
- In a list of objects find Email Message with API name MME__EmailMessage__c and click on it.
- Select Buttons, Links, and Actions menu.
- Find Edit action and select to edit it using popup button to the right of action row.
- In Override Properties change the value of Salesforce Classic Override to Standard page.
- Click Save.
- Then select Page Layouts and click on a name of a layout that is currently in use. By default it is Email Message Layout (PE/GE). For Enterprise Edition it might have been changed to Email Message Layout (UE/EE).
- On layout editing page select Mobile & Lightning Actions in top-left menu, then find Edit standard button and drug down into Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions section of the layout.
- Click Save to save the layout.
- As a result of configuration steps above the Email Message page should now contain Edit menu item in top-right corner (where lightning actions for a record are usually displayed). By selecting this menu item one would get an edit form where Subject and Body can be modified.