Safari Browser Settings to Ensure Email Message Visibility in Salesforce
The Safari browser, in automatic upgrades, might modify settings that result in a User not being able to see matched emails. This is different from function of the web tab. The steps here would fix an issue when a Salesforce User goes to a Contact or Account record, but sees only a blank space where matched emails normally show in the Email Messages custom object.
- Open a new browser tab in Safari and navigate to https://matchmyemail.com (or https://eu.matchmyemail.com if you are a European Union customer).
- Click on the word Safari at top of the browser window and choose Preferences.
- Click on Privacy and uncheck the box to Prevent Cross Site Tracking and also uncheck the box to Block All Cookies. Your settings should appear as screenshot below.
- Then click on Websites to the right of Privacy.
- In the list on the left, click on Pop up Windows.
- Since you have a tab open for the Match My Email website, Safari should show an option for matchmyemail.com in this list. Ensure that the option to the right is Allow as is shown in screenshot below.
- You then need to QUIT Safari and then re-open it to RESTART the browser.
- This should resolve the visibility issue for Email Messages.