Roles & Passwords for Match My Email Users
- The Cloud Admin is the person who signs up for a Match My Email (MME) account for their company. During the signup process, MME will use this person’s Salesforce credential to create an account. If the Web Tab is added in Salesforce menu, when Cloud Admin clicks MME Web Tab, they will automatically be logged in to MME account.
Future login from the Match My Email login screen by the Cloud Admin can be accomplished three ways: 1) by clicking the Login with Salesforce button 2) by following steps to reset a secure complex password which actually creates for the first time or 3) if the email domain was added a Cloud Admin can login with their email address and email password.
- The Cloud Admin is someone who will manage Users and settings for the company’s MME account. This account can be used for user administration with or without matching own email communication.
- The Cloud Admin can see email message headers and addresses across all Domains but cannot view email message bodies (the contents of the email) for other Users. If an import for the Cloud Admin has been setup, they can view email bodies for their own email. The Cloud Admin can filter email in the MME cloud by User when desired. The Cloud Admin can create, delete, and modify Ignore rules that apply across each domain.
- The Cloud Admin cannot add but can manage the Salesforce integration for other Users.
- The Domain Admin can see email message headers and addresses across only their Domain, not across all Domains, but cannot view email message bodies (the contents of the email) for other Users. If an import for the Domain Admin has been setup, they can view email bodies for their own email. The Domain Admin can filter email in the MME cloud by User when desired. Domain Administrators can add Users only under their Domain and only as End Users.
- Domain Administrators can create, delete, and modify Ignore rules for all Users in their email domain.
- End Users can only see and act on their own email in the MME cloud.
- An End User can only create personal Ignore rules, though ignore rules established for their email domain will affect their email.
Domain Admin and End User roles are bestowed upon Users as they are added by the Cloud Admin.
The table below indicates what entitlements or abilities these roles have.
|Cloud Admin||Domain Admin||Individual End User||Ability To:|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||Control own Salesforce and email credentials|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||Select own email Folders to import|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||Import email from designated Folders|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||View and act upon his or her own email stream|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||Control ‘Ignore’ list of personal emails|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||Full-text search of all emails and attachments|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||Assign or re-assign own email to specific accounts|
|Yes||Yes||Yes||Create RSS feeds to Chatter, browsers and mobile devices|
|View and act upon imported email stream for entire domain|
|Yes||Yes||Control ‘Ignore’ list for entire domain|
|Yes||Yes||Add /delete end-users in controlled domain(s);|
|Yes||Yes||Control all domain-wide settings|
|Yes||Manage Match My Email account|
|Yes||Yes||Manage Salesforce Integration for Users|
|Yes||Add/delete/assign domain admins|
Passwords for Match My Email
All passwords are encrypted for MME support staff. When the Cloud Admin signs up for an Account with Match My Email they use the self signup wizard, If they want a more secure complex password or they need to change it they can use the account recovery password reset on the match My Email login page to create a new password. However, Domain Admins and End Users login to MME with their email address and email password the first time when they are getting setup. If they do not know their email password, they must work through company policy or email client/host settings to reset their email password. After they are setup, they can use the Login with Salesforce button on the MME login screen or add the Web Tab Match My Email to their Salesforce menu and click on it to be automatically logged in.
Salesforce.com requires that all applications on its AppExchange pass a Security Review. Match My Email has passed the Salesforce.com Security Review. Per the Salesforce.com security guidelines, a third-party application that imports data from Salesforce.com must be protected by a ‘strong password’ that includes at least one capitalised letter, one lower case letter, and a number/other non-alphabetic symbols. The password must also be more than six characters long.
It is for this reason that the Match My Email Cloud Admin, the person signed up for the account at time of set up, is required to use a strong password and continue to use this password to login. If the password is forgotten, the Cloud Admin can go to https://matchmyemail.com/recover/ to create a new password.