Office 365 Customers and App-Specific Passwords
**This post applies to Match My Email accounts connecting to Office 365 via IMAP. Accounts in which an Email Service connection has been established to Office 365 by a Global Administrator do not rely on passwords for connection.**
Changes to some Office 365 security settings may require users to create app-specific passwords for third party apps such as Match My Email. This provides added security for the user and is very easy to do.
- Once this password is created and provided, select and copy it.
- Then login to Match My Email and click Import.
- Click on the line of your import ( do not just check the box).
- In Import details, paste the new password copied over everything showing in Password field.
- Click Save at bottom. To test and confirm working, click Start Import Manually and allow import to run and complete.
For questions or assistance, please contact email@example.com.