Matching to Secondary Email Addresses for Contacts
The Secondary Email Addresses (SEA) object provides a place to enter alternative email addresses for Contacts. Once entered, MME will use this additional address(es) for automatic matching to correct Contact record. This is available for Contact records only. If alternative email addresses are already stored in a custom field or need to be matched for Leads as well as Contacts, contact support staff support staff for assistance.
Those using MultiMatch have installed the Match My Email managed package from the AppExchange and can follow the steps below to add the object. (Those using Standard should contact support for information on how to create this new custom object within their Salesforce organization.)
- In Salesforce click Setup > Customize > Contacts > Page Layout.
- For those with Salesforce.com Professional edition, skip to Step 3. For those with Enterprise or Unlimited edition, you may have more than one page layout available as in screenshot below. Click Edit for one of the layouts used.
3. In the top left corner of viewing area, under Fields click on Related Lists. Options will show to the right and click and hold mouse on Secondary Email Addresses and drag onto page layout where desired.
4. For newly placed related list Secondary Email Addresses click the wrench icon for properties. ( This is shown in screenshot below in background.) In Properties window, click no Email and use top Add arrow button to move to Selected Fields on right. Click OK, then click SAVE.
5. Click YES to confirm changes should be saved to page layout.
**Enterprise and Unlimited edition Salesforce Users should repeat these steps noting in Step 2 you should click Edit for another page layout that is in use for Contact records.
TO USE SEA OBJECT:
- On a Contact record, scroll to find the SEA object on page.
- Click New Secondary Email Address button
2. For Type – enter descriptor for this alternative email address such as “personal”, “alternative”, etc. For Email, enter the alternative email address being used by the Contact. Leave Contact name since it automatically fills in. Click SAVE.
Once saved, Match My Email will, upon its next processing cycle, detect this new email address and begin to use it for automatic matching. Any No Match status messages in MME cloud will be automatically reprocessed and thus if to or from this alternative email address will be automatically uploaded as well.
Please note that if you encounter a step that the SEA was submitted for approval, this indicates there is an approval setting or workflow within the Salesforce Organization for Users, perhaps of a particular profile, that is being triggered. Ask your Salesforce System Administrator.