Quickest Way to Move All Emails to Legacy Import Folder in Outlook
For customers that use Outlook, especially those with lots of folders and subfolders, the quickest way to move emails to the Legacy Import folder is to create what Microsoft calls a Search Folder that will aggregate mail based on criteria and folder selection into one new folder that can be used copy the emails in bulk to the Legacy Import folder. To do so:
- In Outook, find where to create a New Search Folder. Below is a screenshot from Outlook 2007, but more recent versions may have a different menu. If you cannot find it, search on the web “create new search folder Outlook ###” and insert your version of Outlook.
2. In the next window, we suggest scrolling down to bottom and choosing Create custom Search Folder. This will make sure you don’t grab things you don’t want for Legacy import and gives you control over criteria and folders.
3. Options at bottom will be presented. You can choose to specify criteria now, or just click OK.
4. An example of the criteria you might want to choose is below. For example, you may only want to copy and move old emails that you have read, as unread messages may be unimportant and would take up unnecessary space and processing time.
5. Name your new Search folder, below is simply an example. Again, if you want to specify criteria such as only read mail, or who it is from or to, or more, click Criteria. Otherwise, click Browse to choose folders.
6. We strongly suggest to UNCHECK Search subfolders. If you leave this checked, you may pull into your All Mail folder Junk and Trash, things you do not want. If may need to expand your Inbox but above you will see a list of your folders. Check the folders that contain email messages you want in your All Mail folder for Legacy. Click OK.
7. At previous window, you will see the folders named that you included. Click OK.
8. If you did not specify criteria yet, Outlook will prompt you one last time to do so. It is ok to click Yes, but we believe this is to make sure you fine tune your search folder list to only the crucial messages you really need.
9. You will return to the initial window, showing the folder that will be created. Click OK.
Outlook will begin aggregating messages into the folder and you will now see the folder in the list under Search Folders. If there are a lot of messages to pull into this Search folder, allow Outlook to complete the process. Then highlight and copy all the email in the new search folder and paste them into the Legacy Import folder or Sync to Salesforce folder that you created based on the instructions from your Salesforce Admin or by following the steps in our Legacy Import document (emailed to you from the Match My Email Support team from support @ matchmyemail.com).