Ignore Rule for Email Domain
It is VERY IMPORTANT to add an ignore rule for an email domain. This is a protective measure against unnecessary or unwanted matching of internal email into Salesforce.com records that might contain employee email addresses.
- Click Ignores in blue menu ribbon.
- Click the +New button.
- Fill in the fields per guidelines below:
- For Address to Ignore: type your domain which is everything after the @ symbol. For example, for email address firstname.lastname@example.org, the email domain is “acmecompany.com”.
- For Ignore Type: choose ‘skip address’. This is VERY important for this particular rule.
- For Direction of Address: click the button by ‘any’
- User to Apply to: use the drop down to choose your domain. This makes the rule apply to all users in your domain instead of just yourself.
- Click Save.
For assistance or questions, please contact email@example.com.