The Safari browser, in automatic upgrades, might modify settings that result in a User not being able to see matched emails. This is different from function of the web tab. The steps here would fix an issue when a Salesforce User goes to a Contact or Account record, but sees only a blank space where matched emails normally show in the Email Messages custom object.
- Open a new browser tab in Safari and navigate to https://matchmyemail.com (or https://eu.matchmyemail.com if you are a European Union customer).
- Click on the word Safari at top of the browser window and choose Preferences.
- Click on Privacy. Uncheck the box “Prevent cross-site tracking”. This turns off this option. This setting affects all websites you visit, not just Salesforce. After a fix for this issue is delivered to your org, you should re-enable this Safari setting. Also uncheck the box to Block All Cookies. Your settings should appear as screenshot below.
- Then click on Websites to the right of Privacy.
- In the list on the left, click on Pop up Windows.
- Since you have a tab open for the Match My Email website, Safari should show an option for matchmyemail.com in this list. Ensure that the option to the right is Allow as is shown in screenshot below.
- You then need to QUIT Safari and then re-open it to RESTART the browser.
- This should resolve the visibility issue for Email Messages. (See note below)
In some cases, we see that a customer needs to enable the Prevent Cross Site Tracking feature, close and restart Safari, and the disable it and close and restart Safair, in order for the change to take effect.
You can find more suggestions for troubleshooting tips for Salesforce/Safari by clicking to this trailblazer article.