Adding Action Buttons for Salesforce Lightning Page Layouts
The default page layouts in Salesforce Lightning don’t include ACTION BUTTONS for SEND EMAIL, NEW TASK or NEW EVENT.
Add EMAIL, NEW TASK and NEW EVENT to the top of the Activities section so that working in Lightning is more intuitive and productive.
A user can personalize their tab setting by following the two-step process outlined below. Yes, it is a two-step process which is what makes it a bit confusing.
- Go to the Home Page and click the SETUP GEAR ICON >>
- Click PLATFORM TOOLS – – OBJECTS AND FIELDS >>
- Click OBJECT MANAGER >>
- Select and click on CONTACT >>
- Click PAGE LAYOUTS >>
- Click and Open the Page Layout that you want to edit
- In the upper left-hand corner of the Page Layout screen there is a box with a list of options – Fields, Buttons, Quick Actions and then MOBILE AND LIGHTNING ACTIONS>> click on Mobile and Lightning Actions
- In Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions section below click on “override the predefined actions” and the section will show the default buttons
- Hover over a button in the Mobile and Lightning Actions section above and drag and drop it into the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions section. For example, Email or New Task or New Event
- Then click SAVE in the upper corner of the Page Layout screen.
About Match My Email
If you would like to make your Salesforce deployment even better, take a look at how automated email integration can increase productivity and user satisfaction. Match My Email, the leading automated syncing app for Salesforce, fixes the flaws in other email syncing tools and fills in their functionality gaps.
Match My Email syncs to multiple email addresses for the same Contact and/or Lead [MULTIMATCH], eliminates duplicates emails in Salesforce [DEDUPE], is fully customizable so it can sync to custom records [CUSTOM MATCH], can sync by unique attributes like names, words or numbers in Opportunities [PRECISION MATCH] and creates email meta-data that can be used to track email activity by customer or user [TRACKING]. For a Live Demo of the app, use this scheduling tool.