Match My Email syncs email seamlessly between GoDaddy Workspace and Salesforce.com, but you must have a GoDaddy “Unlimited” email account.
Match My Email works in the cloud and requires an IMAP-enabled email account to work. By syncing email in the cloud, Match My Email is always on, 24/7/365. This is an advantage over software plug-ins that only work when the end user is logged in to his or her email client or device.
To work in the cloud, Match My Email needs to communicate with an email server, service or account that is IMAP-enabled. IMAP is an abbreviation of the email standard called “Internet Message Access Protocol”. IMAP is the successor of an earlier email standard called POP which stands for “Post Office Protocol”. The difference between IMAP and POP is that IMAP stores a copy of each email on both the cloud and the end-user device – whether it is a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone. POP, on the other hand, immediately downloads the email to the device, stores it on the device and erases it from the cloud. Because IMAP creates a complete inbound and outbound email log in the cloud – no emails are missing because they have NOT been immediately downloaded to a device like with POP – Match My Email can sync and create a complete email log within Salesforce.com.
Match My Email works seamlessly with GoDaddy, but only with GoDaddy “UNLIMITED” email accounts, because they are IMAP-enabled. GoDaddy’s “Personal” and “Deluxe” email accounts only include POP. “Unlimited” email accounts cost 50 cents more per month than “Deluxe” and include 10 email addresses (versus five for “Deluxe”.)
BEFORE YOU SCHEDULE YOUR MATCH MY EMAIL SETUP, CALL GODADDY OR GO ONLINE TO WWW.GODADDY.COM AND UPGRADE TO “UNLIMITED” EMAIL. NOTE THAT ALL GODADDY WEB HOSTING PACKAGES – ECONOMY, DELUXE AND ULTIMATE ONLY INCLUDE POP EMAIL ACCOUNTS; YOU HAVE TO UPGRADE TO “UNLIMITED” EMAIL TO GET AN IMAP-ENABLED EMAIL ACCOUNT.
We have listed steps required to upgrade to an IMAP-enabled Unlimited GoDaddy Workspace email account, based on the information posted on this link. http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/4738/changing-from-pop-to-imap
First you should determine if you already have IMAP enabled on your GoDaddy email account. (**GoDaddy’s “Unlimited” email plan is the only one that supports IMAP. If you do not have the UNLIMITED plan, you will need to upgrade your plan, which is generally only a few cents more per month.)
- Log in via webmail, i.e. using https://login.secureserver.net/ and go to My Account.
- Choose Email.
- If you have an UNLIMITED plan, you have access to IMAP though it may not be enabled, meaning you need to convert it from POP to IMAP.
- If you do not have the UNLIMITED plan, you will need to click Options and proceed through the steps to upgrade the account and check out. The upgrade can take 24 hours to take effect.
- Once you have an UNLIMITED EMAIL ACCOUNT, perform the following step
- Before You Start: You need the names of your incoming and outgoing servers to set up email with a client. Web-Based Email contains this information.
- Log in to Web-Based Email at http://email.secureserver.net.
- From the Help menu, select Email InfoCenter.
- Make a note of your incoming and outgoing server information.
- Continue with the procedures outlined below to set up your email client to Change Your POP Account to an IMAP Account. In the client you use for POP mail, locate the IMAP settings and enter the following:
- Incoming Mail Server — Your incoming IMAP server.
- Outgoing Mail Server — Your outgoing SMTP server.
- Incoming Port — Without SSL – 143; With SSL – 993
- Outgoing Port — Without SSL – one of the following: 25, 80, 3535; With SSL – 465
- Note that folders created in a POP account will need to be recreated in your IMAP account.
Remember you can always contact Match My Email support at email@example.com for help.